Sage Gateshead is a music venue in the North East and looking for a creative, dynamic and fun individual to work with them on a 12-month paid entry-level placement supported by the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries Programme.
The purpose of this placement is to support their public engagement work, particularly focusing on the Great Exhibition of the North; a festival project funded by Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
This is a paid placement open to graduates who were in receipt of a full maintenance grant throughout university and have graduated within the past two years.
In this placement you’ll work closely with the public programme producer and festival producer to provide coordination and practical delivery of various parts of Sage Gateshead’s public engagement offer for the Great Exhibition of the North.
What you’ll be doing in this role
- Assisting with planning and delivery for the Great Exhibition of the North, public engagement activity, Christmas season and other festivals as appropriate
- Managing and overseeing the day to day running of events
- Supporting audience data capture
- Contributing to social media content
What you’ll gain in this role
- Experience of working on a major regional cultural project
- Experience of working with artists and musicians
- Varied work opportunities; everything from learning how to write an event plan to planning a music tour
- Knowledge of using cultural management software such as Artifax and Tessitura
- Behind the scenes access to Sage Gateshead as well as great networking opportunities with our staff and partners
- You’ll be part of a cohort of forty individuals on similar placements supported by the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries Programme across a national network of arts organisations
- Great experience to fast track your future career
What training is provided
Jerwood Charitable Foundation provide all participants with:
- A paid mentor
- Four training events during the 12 month placement including one international field trip likely to be a 3 day event in Europe
- Two networking events for hosts and participants; the opening and closing programme receptions
Salary and benefits
- The salary for this post is £17,095 per annum pro rata.
- Sage Gateshead also offer subsidised parking for staff members, as well as a discount in their café, and access to a voluntary health cash plan, bike to work scheme, childcare vouchers and travel ticket scheme.
- The holiday entitlement for this post is 33 days pa pro rata (including statutory holidays).